Learn to make a roman blind
The course will be for a small group of students - maximum 4 students per course. All tools and equipment will be provided and the course will take place in our purpose built workshop in Huddersfield.
Parking is available on site and is free. Refreshments are available.
Each student will need to bring or buy the materials required to make their blind - advice can be given when the course is booked. Students will need their chosen fabric, plus linings and hanging kits. The cost of these materials are not included in the course cost.
Kits and linings can be bought from Manorhouse at below retail price and a large range of fabrics can be bought if ordered in advance.
At the of the course each student should have made at least one finished roman blind.
You will learn how to construct a blind, both with a standard fold, where all of the pleats stack neatly on top of each other and also learn how to set folds so that the folds cascade. You will learn to create rod pockets on the reverse of the blind contained within the lining fabric so that there are no unsightly stitch lines showing on the front of the blind. The techniques covered are essential to make high quality items for your own home or for friends and family.
What will be covered:
- Health and Safety regulations relating to roman blinds
- The various headrail and fixing options available to hang your blinds, including contact details for suppliers
- How to measure a window and how to deal with walls that are not aligned
- Calculating the fabric requirements for your project
- Your options for linings and interlinings and their suitability for your project
- Dealing with pattern matching and pattern placement
- Cutting out your fabric
- How to calculate the positions of rod pockets
- Creating rod pockets in the lining
- Putting the various elements together to form the blind
- Stringing your blind & attaching it to the headrail system
How to book on any course
If you are unsure and want to discuss suitability of a course contact Jan on 07951 741965 or via email on email@example.com
The course runs over a minimum of 4 weeks.
If you are ready to book contact Jan on the details above or to book online follow this link to our online shop where you can select and pay for the course of your choice https://upholsterycourses.square.site/. All courses must be paid for in advance of the start date.
If the course block has already started it may still be possible to join. Contact Jan on the number above to discuss joining part way through a block of courses.
In the event that a cancellation is needed this is our Refund Policy